Monday, May 21, 2012

The ROI-MARTS formula for your home business: The S makes a big difference

Home Business | Philippe Moisan | beproactivenow.net

ROI-MARTS, a home business concept.

A few days ago, I wrote the first blog post about ROI-MARTS. Actually, I called it ROI-MART. You can find that post here. In that post I introduced what ROI-MARTS is about:
  • R = Return
  • O = On
  • I = Investment
  • M = Money
  • A = Associates
  • R = Resources
  • T = Time
A friend suggested that I call it ROI-SMART. I didn't quite like the idea, because it doesn't sound as good as ROI-MART in my opinion. ROI-MART flows smoothly when we say it. It can be said in a fraction a second, while ROI-SMART, well, it's not as smooth. Today, I realized there is an important aspect that is missing: Skills. Let me clarify what ROI-MARTS is about. It says to identify what your best Return On Investments are in four categories: Money, Associates, Resources and Time. In short, how to best use your money, your time, your tools, and which business relationships will bring you the best results for your home business. I chose the word Associates since it fits best the acronym. It can mean Partner, Upline, Downline, Joint Venture Partner, any kind of business relationship that helps both parties build their respective home business, or any kind of business for that matter.

3 S in home business

When you stop and think about it, the letter S is 3 times in the word "business". I'd say 2 of those are for Skills and Structure. The third one is for Smart. Yes, building a home business needs hard AND smart work. So you could say that the S in ROI-MARTS stands for Smart too. It does by definition, since the formula was created to help remember what is important in building your home business. Here's a video where I explain the ROI-MARTS formula even further.

Suggestions to get started with ROI-MARTS Here's a video I did that gives some ideas about where to start applying the ROI-MARTS formula. The video talks about:
  • GTD: Getting Things Done, by David Allen.
  • Eat That Frog, by Brian Tracy.


One tool I have used for over a year is called EverNote. You can use it on your PC, your iPad, your iPhone, maybe Android too, I'm not sure. The notes can be organized neatly, and they synchronize between the devices. It's really awesome. It's free. You can pay a monthly fee to get more options, but so far I haven't done that.

Keep ROI-MARTS in mind while building your home business.

Share on APSense

No comments:

Post a Comment